About the Race
DXB Paddling consist of following races held on Saturday 3rd March 2018:
- Race distance – 6km or 12km
- Please read the Notice of Race (NoR)
- Be on site from 12:00pm on Saturday 3rd of March 2018.
- No registration after 1:30pm!
- Race will be launched from 2:00pm (see exact timings below).
- Award ceremony inside the Dubai International Boat Show from 5pm.
The entire distance of the race is 6km around Seahorse Island.
Start line is at the launching point (see map below) then paddle east as you make your way under the bridge and pass under it while Seahorse island is to your left side
Then follow all the way around the Island.
As you make it to the west side of the Island, Bulgari hotel will be on your left.
The last leg of the race is heading towards the launching point and you must make your way down to the finish line onto the beach. For those wanting to complete the 12km challenge must paddle the course one more time (see GREEN line)
Event agenda & Procedure
Please arrive by car from 12:00pm.
1. Check your number on white board
2. Collect your vest and wear it
3. Unload your equipment on the designated area
4. Go directly to the waiting zone in front on the beach
5. Be ready to start behind start line. Race starts at:
– 2:00pm: SUP only
– 2:03pm: outriggers, kayaks and rowing boats
– 2:06pm: surfskis
– 2:09pm: Dragon boats
Meeting point BEFORE the race: where to park?
This is the point all race participants and spectators meet before the race. FREE parking is available at the boat show VISITOR parking only. More info about the venue on the Dubai International Boat Show website.
All Participants must register at this point before going into the water. Look out for the Starboard tent to register for the race.
After the race
Participants are advised to stay behind the Dubai International Boat Show where we will have the award ceremony.
Free entrance into the Dubai International Boat Show is ONLY for race participants.
- Maximum of 150 participants.
- Lifejacket is mandatory for kayak and surfski.
- Lifejacket and/or a leash is mandatory for SUP.
- Drafting is allowed, but you can only draft the same sex and same board size.
- You can’t draft safety boats.
- Knowing how to swim is required.
- No use of any equipment under the influence of alcohol
- STRICTLY NO BEGINNERS
We will be following World Paddle Association (WPA) Rules. You can view them here.
What do we provide?
- Lifeguards on duty and on safety boats
- Water – at relay and finishing points
- Numeroted t-shirt – to give us back at the end of race
- Entry to the Dubai International Boat Show
What to bring along?
- You own gear: SUP boards, paddles, kayaks, surfskis, etc.
- Kayaks/surfskis: lifevest is mandatory
- Stand-Up Paddle: lifevest or/and leash is mandatory
- Sun hat or cap
- Sunblock (high SPF recommended)